Academic Connections is committed to providing a pre-college summer experience that is academically enriching to a diverse population of high-achieving, college-bound high school students motivated to explore the offerings of UC San Diego – a top five, internationally ranked public institution. Students work with the brightest UC San Diego graduate students to examine the world around them as inquisitive academic scholars.
Courses are selected to represent some of the most exciting fields of research UC San Diego has to offer in the physical and social sciences, engineering, arts and humanities. All courses are challenging and place emphasis on active learning and putting knowledge to use in independent and creative ways. Gifted high school students from around the world choose UC San Diego Pre-College programs to prepare for success and experience college-level academics.
Register for Summer 2024 Now! Offering both residential and online programs.
Residential Program (In-Person & On Campus): July 7 - July 27, 2024
- A History of Electronic Instruments & the Music they Inspired
- Analyzing Adaptations for Books and Beyond
- Digital Media Literacy
- Introduction to Creative Writing: Short Fiction
- Life HACC: Health Aging Crash Course
- Ocean Ecosystem Dynamics
- The Arab-Israeli Conflict
- The Role of Art in Technological Innovation
Online Courses: July 1 - July 26, 2024
- 101 College Writing for Success
- Animating Narratives: Disney, Cultural Production & Critical Literacy
- Comparative Political Violence
- Introduction to Biophysics
- Introduction to Human Emotion: An Emotional Approach to Critical Thinking and Critical Writing
- Introduction to Python Programming
- Language and Identity for Bilingual Writers
- Microbiology and Social Justice of Famous and Forgotten Diseases
- Python Advanced Topics
- The Sociology of Everyday Life
Each student that completes the program can earn six units of UC San Diego Extension pre-college credit.
Scholarships are available for select courses through a partnership with the Inamori Foundation.
Residential and online courses for high school students at UC San Diego.