Academic Connections is committed to providing a pre-college summer experience that is academically enriching to a diverse population of high-achieving, college-bound high school students motivated to explore the offerings of UC San Diego – a top five, internationally ranked public institution. Students work with the brightest UC San Diego graduate students to examine the world around them as inquisitive academic scholars.
Courses are selected to represent some of the most exciting fields of research UC San Diego has to offer in the physical and social sciences, engineering, arts and humanities. All courses are challenging and place emphasis on active learning and putting knowledge to use in independent and creative ways. Gifted high school students from around the world choose UC San Diego Pre-College programs to prepare for success and experience college-level academics.
Register for Summer 2022 Now! Offering both in-person and online courses.
Online Courses: July 5 - July 29, 2022
- Animating Narratives: Disney, Documentaries, & Designing College Personal Statements
- Disease Detectives: An Introduction to Epidemiology
- Introduction to 2D Art: Making Art with Drawing, Painting, and More!
- Introduction to Biophysics
- Introduction to Cognitive Science
- Introduction to Human Emotion: An Emotional Approach to Critical Thinking and Critical Writing
- Introduction to Python Programming
- Language and Identity for Bilingual Writers
- Python Advanced Topics
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography: Climate Change and the Ocean
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography: Marine Biology
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography: Marine Invertebrates
Commuter (In-Person) Courses: July 11 - July 29, 2022
- Computers and COVID: An Introduction to Programming and Computational Biology
- History of American Popular Music
- Intersectional Identities and the Sociological Imagination
- Media Matters: Stereotypes and Social Change in Popular Media
- Music, Life, and Knowledge
Each student that completes the program can earn six units of UC San Diego Extension pre-college credit.
Scholarships are available for select courses through a partnership with the Inamori Foundation.
In-person and online courses for high school students at UC San Diego.