Virtual Volunteer Math Tutor
Use your STEM Industry experience to inspire students!
EnCorps’s vision is to realize a day where all students, regardless of socioeconomic status, are inspired and prepared to pursue their dreams. Join EnCorps as a STEMx Tutor to provide quality education to the students who need it most.
STEMx Volunteer expectations:
- Frequency- 2 virtual tutoring sessions per week
- Intensity- 1-hour *time is TBD, as it is coordinated by you and the parent or guardian.
- Duration- Two consecutive semesters (you can continue further if you want)
- Training- All new STEMx volunteers will have an orientation session
Program qualification requirements:
- Have a bachelor's degree
- Have at least 1 year of hands-on STEM industry work experience or have an advanced degree in a STEM field
- Offer contingent on the completion of a background check
Value of your time:
EnCorps STEMx Tutors will provide academic assistance to underserved middle school students, currently under-performing in math, in order to ready them for the rigor of high school mathematics that will provide them access to education that will help them break the cycle of poverty, pursue higher education, and secure jobs in the 21st century.
Want to empower students and inspire the next generation of STEM leaders? Join EnCorps today!